Char-Broil bought Oklahoma Joe’s from the founder Joe Davidson in 1998. Combining the design of Oklahoma Joe’s with the manufacturing resources of Char-Broil, Oklahoma, providing high-performance smokers and grills to go the extra mile for flavors!
For all the soon to be pitmasters! If you are just getting started on your smoker, here are some helpful tips to remember!
- Experiment with different types of woods! Depending on what type of wood you use, will make all the difference in your flavor in your meats.
- Oklahoma Joe’s smokers are of high carbon steel and need to be seasoned! Spray vegetable oil inside of the smoker’s horizontal cooking chamber.
- Start with 10 lbs. of charcoal and add small logs or wood chunks when the charcoal began to ash over, to make sure the fire is big enough.
- Don’t overdo the smoke, too much smoke can add a bitter taste! The flow should go out gently. Also white smoke is also good smoke!
- Have patience! Slow and steady is the way to go!
Crafted from high-temperature steel and modeled after smokers from the Texas oil fields, the Oklahoma Joe Highland 879 Sq In Smoker cooks just the way you want it to. Its heavy-gauge construction ensures that you can prepare your favorite meats safely. The Oklahoma Joe highland smoker has a convenient fire access door, so you can quickly and easily add wood as needed. It has multiple dampers, which gives you total control over your pit. The Oklahoma Joe smoker features Cool Touch handles, so you can open the lid anytime. It has a lid-mounted temperature gauge, making it simple for you to track how hot the meat is. This smoker is designed with a convenient storage rack to hold your accessories easily. It has a large cooking space.
Invite company over for a cookout with this Char-Broil smoker. This charcoal and gas barbecue has six porcelain-coated cooking grates, so food doesn’t stick, and 750 cu. in. of grilling space, large enough to cook a feast. Dampers that control heat and smoke make it easy to regulate cooking temperatures in this Char-Broil smoker.