Summer is the perfect time to embrace the vibrant colors and fresh flavors of seasonal produce. With the scorching heat of summer, cooking quick and healthy meals become a priority for many. In this blog, we’ll take you on a culinary journey to explore three delectable and nutritious recipes using small home appliances from Electronic Express. From succulent Air Fryer Salmon and Asparagus with Lemon Garlic Sauce to the mouthwatering Ultimate Instant Pot Beef Barbacoa and the refreshing Healthy Grilled Chicken and Veggie Wrap, these recipes will elevate your summer dining experience and keep you feeling energized all season long.
Air Fryer Salmon and Asparagus with Lemon Garlic Sauce
There’s nothing quite like the simplicity and convenience of an air fryer for preparing a delicious and healthy meal. This air fryer recipe combines the natural goodness of fresh salmon and asparagus, enhanced by the zesty flavors of lemon and garlic. The air fryer not only cooks the salmon to perfection nut also gives the asparagus a delightful crispness.
- 1 1/2lbs Salmon Fillet
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed
- 1 ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- To make the air fryer salmon and asparagus: pat your salmon filets dry with a paper towl and arrange them on a shallow plate.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, melted butter, grated garlic, garlic power, salt, pepper, and parsley. – Pour half of the marinate over the salmon and massage to coat well. Let sit for 10 minutes or more.
- Set the air fryer to 400℉ (200c). When ready, arrange the salmon fillets and asparagus in the air fryer basket. Season asparagus with the marinade if you like, or simply with salt and pepper. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve the air fryer salmon and asparagus3 immediately with the remaining half of the sauce/marinade on the side if you like. Enjoy!
Cuisinart Airfryer Toaster Oven is the perfect air fryer for the Air Fryer Salmon and Asparagus with Lemon Garlic Sauce recipe.
Ultimate Mulitcooker Beef Barbacoa
The High-Pressure Multicooker is a versatile appliance that allows you to create mouthwatering dishes without spending hours in the kitchen. The Ultimate Multicooker Beef Barbacoa recipe is no exception. Tender, flavorful beef infused with spices and a tangy chipotle sauce will transport your taste buds to a Mexican fiesta right in your own home!
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Adobo Sauce, from the can
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoons of bouillon beef base, optional
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons of oregano
- ¼ teaspoons of ground allspice
- 11 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ cup of beef broth
- 4 lbs beef chuck roast
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 oz can diced green chiles, drained
- 3 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
Make Chipotle Sauce
- Add all chipotle sauce ingredients to a food processor or blender, and process until smooth. Set aside
Make Beef Barbacoa
- Trim visible large sections of fat from roast, then cut roast into 6-8 large pieces. Season beef with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Add vegetable oil to High Pressure Multicooker and select ‘Saute’. When hot, add beef and cook for a minute or so on each side, until browned. Depending on the size of your beef, you may need to do this in batches.
- Remove browned beef to a plate and add onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add in 1 cup beef broth and scrape the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon to remove any browned bits. Add in tomato paste, green chilies, and bay leaves.
- Press “Cancel – or keep Warm/Cancel” Return browned beef to the cooker and pour pureed chipotle sauce over the top. Top with both halves of the lime.
- Close lid securely and make sure the valve is set to “sealing”. Select “manual” or “Pressure Cook” and adjust the +/- button until it reads 60 minutes.
- When finished cooking, carefully turn to “venting” for a quick pressure release. When the steam has all escaped, and the pin has dropped, remove the lid and discard bay leaves.
- Remove beef pieces to a large bowl and shred, discarding any purely fat parts.
- Toss shredded beef with as much of the cooking liquid as you’d like.
To Thicken Sauce
- In a small bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of water until smooth. Pour this mixture into the pot with the sauce and select “saute”.
- Cook for several minutes, stirring often, until thickened to your taste.
- Toss shredded beef with as much of the thickened sauce as you’d like.
To Crisp the Edges
- Line a baking sheet with foil, and preheat broiler to high, adjusting oven rack to the upper third position
- Spread shredded beef into an even layer, then broil for several minutes. Stir. Continue broiling and stirring until crisped and charred to your liking.
Multicookers such as the Cuisinart 6 Qt. High-Pressure Multicooker is the perfect choice for this Beef Barbacoa recipe.
Healthy Grilled Chicken and Veggie Wrap
For a light and refreshing summer meal, the Healthy Grilled Chicken and Veggie Wrap is a go-to choice. Using a grill pan or indoor grill, you can enjoy this nutrient-packed wrap filled with juicy grilled chicken and a rainbow of crisp vegetables. It’s the perfect balance of flavors and textures that will keep you feeling nourished and satisfied.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ zucchini, cut lengthwise into strips
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- ½ bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 4oz skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespons of balsamic glaze
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese or dairy free cheese of choice
- 2 large whole grain or gluten-free tortilla wraps
- Preheat the griddle to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl toss the vegetables with the olive oil, 1 teaspoon of balsamic glaze, ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper
- On a plate, season the chicken breast with the remaining Italian seasoning and salt and peppers as well as a drizzle of olive oil.
- Spread the vegetable out over the heated grill and place the chicken breasts on the grill next to the veggies.
- Close the griddler so the top plate is just resting on the chicken breast and grill everything fro 15 minutes, slightly tossing the veggies every 5 minutes or so.
- After grilling for 15 minutes check that the chicken is completely cooked through, and if it’s not, transfer the grilled veggies to a bowl and continue cooking the chicken until completely cooked through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, transfer to a plate and let cool for a few minutes then slice and divide the chicken breast and veggies between two large tortilla wraps.
- Spinkel the basil over the chicken and veggies and add the cheese if using.
- Fold in the outer edges of the tortilla wrap and roll to enclose the chicken and veggie filling inside each tortilla wrap.
- Place the wraps on the hot griddler and close the top to use the griddler as a panini press to grill the wrap on both sides.
- Grill the wraps for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and enjoy or wrap in foil and save in the fridge for later or take on-the-go.
Indoor Griddles such as the Cuisinart Griddler Deluxe are designed to make anything from the perfect sandwich to grilled chicken breast. Get yours today by clicking the link.